Monday, November 2, 2009

Raisin Banana Bread


This one is actually written out in my Grandma Melusine’s handwriting, which means either she made it a whole bunch, or she thought about making it ?? Maybe?? Who knows. I do remember her making banana bread when I was a kid, but I wouldn’t touch a banana until I was about 30, so I can’t say that I remember eating it.

Raisin Banana Bread


1/3 c Butter or Margarine softened.
2/3 c Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Tablespoons of milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed banana
1 cup chopped raisins
½ cup chopped nuts

Beat together butter, sugar & eggs. Add milk. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and soda. Stir into wet mixture just until moistened. Then blend in bananas, raisins and nuts.

Turn into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

** I did make one change to the recipe, I like a sugar crust on the top of my breads, so before baking, I sprinkled raw sugar on the top to give it that nice crunchy coat.

Technical stuff:
Makes 1 loaf.

Difficulty: easy, although the dough is really thick, so have some arm power for the blending of the final ingredients by hand.

Served with: honey butter & hot coffee

Reheat Well?: yes. Nuked with honey butter, it’s amazing.

Comments: Chief Commentator: Good banana flavor, little dry but nice outside crust. Canadian Tri Anything Girl: It’s “comfort food dry” which means you know it’s not from a commercial producer because it doesn’t have that weird oily texture. CTAG also hearts the top sugared crust and says that it’s a good addition. Me: I like the nuts and raisins, of course like the crust. I am ok with the dry texture,

Things I'd do differently next time: I might try adding some chocolate chips to make it a little different.


No comments:

Post a Comment