Monday, November 9, 2009

Lime Jello with Marshmallows


This one is a blast from the past. I definately remember my Grandma Melusine making this one all the time. It was a staple Sunday dessert.
Lime Jello with Marshmallows
1 pk lime gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup minature marshmallows
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup pecans
1/2 pint whipping cream
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in marshmallows until dissolved. Cool but not set. Stir in pineapple, nuts & whipped cream. Pour into mold, chill until set.
Technical stuff: makes a goodsized pan full.
Difficulty: moderate, ya, jello should be easy, but really, mixing everything in evenly, it falls more into the moderate catagory.
Served with: nothing. but I bet some sparkingling wine would be yummy.
Reheat Well?: Lets not go there, but once it's set, you can have it over several meals.
Comments: Chief Commentator says: Whipped limey cool childhood delight with a nutty attitude. He liked it so much, he wants to make it for Thanksgiving Dinner. For me it too was a walk down memory lane.
Next time, I would add more pineapple, cause I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment